Yes, you can set up automated replies and it’s an amazing feature! Especially if your marketing strategy relies heavily on communication on Facebook. Do you publish engaging posts and advertise on Facebook regularly? Then you should expect users to send you private messages and treat your business page on Facebook like Customer Help Desk.
What are automated messages? Well automated replies are messages sent automatically as your Page’s initial response to new messages from potential clients.
How to set up an auto-reply on Facebook Messenger?
- Firstly go to your Business Facebook Page.
- Go to Inbox and then click on the tab on the left-hand side where it says Automated Responses.
- Then in the second column on the left click Instant Reply and then click on Edit.
- Here you can choose on what platform your instant replies will be sent – Facebook or Messenger (message replies). You can then customize your message and add personalization – the first name of the recipient, the last name of the recipient, the full name of the recipient, Facebook page link, or website link.
- Before you save your reply, check if it looks fine. You can do it on the mobile preview in the right-hand column, or click on Preview in the Messenger button above it.
- All set? Save it and your auto-reply is ready.